Search

Books Download Online Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1) Free

Present Books In Pursuance Of Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1)

Original Title: Alanna: The First Adventure
ISBN: 0689878559 (ISBN13: 9780689878558)
Edition Language: English
Series: Song of the Lioness #1, Tortall, Tortall (chronological order) #4 , more
Characters: Alanna of Trebond, Thom of Trebond, Coram Smythesson, George Cooper, Jonathan of Conte, Raoul of Goldenlake, Gareth of Naxen the Second (Gary), Alex of Tirrigan, Duke Roger of Conte
Setting: Tortall
Literary Awards: Preis der Leseratten des ZDF, NSK Neustadt Prize for Children's Literature Nominee (2013)
Books Download Online Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1) Free
Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 274 pages
Rating: 4.26 | 109886 Users | 4768 Reviews

Representaion Concering Books Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1)

From now on I'm Alan of Trebond, the younger twin. I'll be a knight. And so young Alanna of Trebond begins the journey to knighthood. Though a girl, Alanna has always craved the adventure and daring allowed only for boys; her twin brother, Thom, yearns to learn the art of magic. So one day they decide to switch places: Thom heads for the convent to learn magic; Alanna, pretending to be a boy, is on her way to the castle of King Roald to begin her training as a page.

But the road to knighthood is not an easy one. As Alanna masters the skills necessary for battle, she must also learn to control her heart and to discern her enemies from her allies. Filled with swords and sorcery, adventure and intrigue, good and evil, Alanna's first adventure begins - one that will lead to the fulfillment of her dreams and the magical destiny that will make her a legend in her land.


Mention Containing Books Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1)

Title:Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1)
Author:Tamora Pierce
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 274 pages
Published:January 1st 2005 by Simon Pulse (first published September 1st 1983)
Categories:Fantasy. Young Adult. Fiction. Magic. Adventure. Young Adult Fantasy. High Fantasy

Rating Containing Books Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1)
Ratings: 4.26 From 109886 Users | 4768 Reviews

Judgment Containing Books Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1)
Okay, deep breaths all around. Are you ready for another one of those retro reviews in which I regale you with nostalgic views of my childhood reading and rhapsodize on another heroine who contributed to making me who I am today? If you're not (and I totally would not blame you in the slightest--I know how I can go on about these things), you should probably just swish on by, cause Alanna is sort of the mother of them all when it comes to characters who own a little piece of my soul. She's right

Think on who you are fighting, if only because one day you must meet your match.We are so used to feisty, kick-ass heroines that we often forget that there must have been this first one (yes, I know thats Eowyn, thank you). And among the crowds of Arya Starks prowling the pages of virtually every contemporary fantasy novel, Alanna stands out as the pioneer(ess) and a pathbreaker. If Alanna was a real woman, today she would have been 37 years old. The book was first published in 1983, when it was

This is the first book in a series written for the younger end of the young adult readership, but which is still of interest to readers of any age.Alanna: The First Adventure is a fantasy set in a place where magic is common and knights are trained in the ways of chivalry. Alanna is fighting against the constraints of being female in such a society and having dressed herself as a boy she sets off to be trained as a page with the hope of a knighthood in the future. I enjoyed the story and the

3.5 starsFinally read this (*gasp*!) for our classics discussion Friday, 11/27! Our special guest will be the wonderful author Andrea K. Höst, and I'll post a link when it's live.I enjoyed this very much, but it felt like a first book, with rough transitions and rather unnuanced characterization. But I do like Alanna (and I love George!), so I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Lovely coming-of-age tale, clearly written for a younger audience, but I'm young at heart :)I enjoyed it. Well, plot, characters, structure, prose and situations are very simple, easy to follow; there are no surprises, but I expected that and so this book gave me the light entertainment I was looking for and also some reminiscing, I am sure I would have loved this story as a child, when I wouldn't have been able to notice the improbability of Alanna's luck.The only so and so note was the

Monthly buddyread with my good friend Melissa. This was my companion for a "Holy Crap! Its friggin cold!" day (Anyone else want to hibernate till Spring?)---I liked it alright, but didn't "LOVE it." The ideas were nice and the characters were interesting but it just didn't capture my attention fully. Yes, this is a ya/middle grade book but it felt like some things happened too quickly. A couple times I had to go back and check a passage because the passage of time wasn't very well marked.Won't

As one of my childhood favourites, how could I not rate this 5 stars!?

Post a Comment

0 Comments