List About Books Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs
| Title | : | Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs |
| Author | : | Amanda Lamb |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 454 pages |
| Published | : | September 20th 2015 by Diversion Books (first published December 6th 2011) |
| Categories | : | Crime. True Crime. Nonfiction. Epic |
Amanda Lamb
Kindle Edition | Pages: 454 pages Rating: 4.2 | 8917 Users | 106 Reviews
Rendition Toward Books Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs
A perfect life. A perfect lie. When Nancy Cooper moved from Canada to Cary, North Carolina with her new husband Brad, their future was bright: living in one of the most picturesque towns in the US, the couple mingled with neighbors, attended parties, and raised two daughters. Then, on July 14th, 2008, the façade came crashing down when Nancy’s strangled body was found in a storm pond. Nancy’s husband claimed that she had gone for a jog and never come back. But as the police investigation deepened, and as Brad was brought to trial for murdering his wife, a complex web of affairs and lies was uncovered involving multiple residents of Cary’s idyllic neighborhoods. At the heart of it stood the Coopers’ soured marriage, Nancy’s threat to leave with the children, and her own cold-blooded murder. It would take a mountain of damning evidence before justice was served.
Itemize Books Conducive To Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs
| Edition Language: |
Rating About Books Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs
Ratings: 4.2 From 8917 Users | 106 ReviewsCommentary About Books Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs
Ist book Ive read by this author and Im not impressed. Poorly written, boring & from what Ive read on-line not well researched at all. I also found it very biased, almost the entire book is based on interviews with friends of the victim; only a couple of token interviews with anyone sympathetic to the accused. Why, was this too difficult to arrange, or simply not worth the effort? Brad was sentenced to life in prison based on motive (she was leaving him) and all circumstantial evidence, theyI knew when I downloaded it it was based on fact, but what it left out was that it was one-sides fact. Also, I figured it would be a book with some creative writing, but it was poorly written and read like a police-report like transcript of the entire ordeal. It was a very interesting story, but the entire novel could have been read in the local newspaper.
My first time reading this author. I love Ann Rules book and was drawn to this writer because at the beginning it read very well. I have to say that

Book Review I felt that the facts presented were in an orderly fashion. I felt that the victim was presented as multi dimensional with her good and bad qualities. I felt that the allegation of computer tampering by the Cary police was absurd. Most law enforcement agencies would not have had that skill set. They are too busy to learn the finer points of an ever changing field of computers. I also was impressed with how the family set aside their own needs and grief to care for the real victims in
This literally happened 3 blocks away so it was fascinating to finally know all the details. I loved the first part up to the trial but then it was a little repetitive - mainly because it had to be since she retold what happened at the trial. Liked this one mainly because I was so curious about what had happened.
Sometimes you read a book and you think, "Gee, this could've been a longer article." This was one of those times. That said, I read this book in 2 days. While I was at times irritated by the repetition, at others I appreciated it because there were a lot of facts to keep up with in this case.I'm glad i wasn't on that jury because I think he did it. In fact, he did confess to 2nd Degree murder, but the evidence was hard to find because floors had been washed, laundry done, garage emptied out,
Such a sad story. This is exactly the kind of crime that fascinates me. When divorce is so easy in so many states in the U.S., why does someone resort to murder? There's a good attempt to answer that question in this book. I got a really good understanding of the victim, her family and her killer.The book is a little repetitious at times, but still very good.

0 Comments